With more power than politicians, media, or parents, a celebrated brand has the potential to unravel the cynicism that has sewn itself to the hope and trust of millions of consumers and contributors. A brand not yet celebrated can quickly move toward celebration and brand loyalty via cause marketing to a target audience that shares the values of the brand and the cause.
What’s your idea of good?
This is ours: To deliver maximum benefits to all stakeholders by bonding brands to targeted consumers via relevant causes in a meaningful relationship for good. To utilize “good” to create brand power that is organic in its relevance, celebrated, profitable – and authentic.
Due Good – is it time for your brand?
Some brands, companies and people consider cause support to be just paying their dues. Others recognize the marketing power and pay-off in a cause relationship (over an estimated $1.5 billion projected in cause marketing for 2009*). The best of these companies select a cause that is organic to their brand; live like their message; honor their commitments to their cause partners and consumers; and are transparent in their donations.
Bcauz marketing can help:
- Identify the right cause that will resonate with your consumers, media, employees, shareholders and other stakeholders;
- Ideation and concept development of programs and promotions to maximize brand loyalty, customer acquisition, sales and cause donations that are organic to your brand, and are true to your brand DNA;
- Negotiate with the cause for a seamless, successful program;
- Integrate your cause-partnership in appropriate brand messaging across all marketing disciplines and track results;
- As an affiliate of LeslieEvansCreative we have access to the creative and marketing support from this diversely talented resource, but are capable and amenable to working in tandem with your in-house or out-of-house marketing team.
Receive Good – is your cause ready?
With traditional corporate philanthropy declining, cause-related marketing and the associated contributions to your non-profit may be more meaningful than ever. Is your cause ready to accept (or learn) the principles of cause-related partnerships? Do you have the leadership and staff resources to make it almost effortless for a brand to lend their voice and power and give their money to you? Are you competing for these dollars?
Bcauz marketing can help:
- Opportunity audits. What brands should be your partners? What possible contribution sources are you missing without a dedicated cause-related partnership effort?
- Ideation, concept and proposal development. The big idea. We’ll help you identify, develop, and market partner programs to targeted prospects;
- Leadership and resource development designed to receive. Make it easy for partners to say yes to your cause marketing concepts.
- Non-profit consulting rates apply.
Authentic Actions – Get Real
“The mark of a good action is that it appears inevitable in retrospect.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Like when a commercial lender whose loan products provide a second chance to aspiring American entrepreneurs also participates with kiva.org to provide little-to-no-interest micro-loans to entrepreneurs in developing nations. That’s authenticity.
Or when a restaurant ( Cafe 458) that feeds and trains the homeless, but feeds brunch to the public on weekends as a fundraiser and needs to make it known that they have a delicious cause. That’s authenticity.
Or when a global hotel chain that originated in a country known for its neutrality and peaceful posture offers a peaceful night’s sleep while supporting the International Red Cross. That’s authenticity.
Or when a large, regional dental health center expands their Kids’ Club by creating a not-for-profit, community outreach program: CareShare for Kids. That’s authenticity.
Bonding causes and brands to relevant consumers and constituents via brand power for good that is:
- Mutually Profitable for the Brand and the Cause
Due Good: Is it time for your brand? Some brands, companies and people consider cause support to be just paying their dues. Others recognize the marketing power and pay-off in a strategic cause relationship and value the double bottom line of profit and positive social impact. An authentic cause partnership can help to shape (or re-shape) a brand personality, heighten brand awareness, provide valuable social media engagement, drive sales and build long term brand loyalty.
Bcauz Marketing Brand Services:
- Identify values and mission aligned causes that will resonate with your consumers, media, employees, shareholders and other stakeholders;
- Ideation and concept development of cause branding programs and – or- cause promotions to maximize brand loyalty, customer acquisition, sales and cause donations that are organic to your brand, and are true to your brand DNA;
- Negotiate and interface with the cause for a seamless, successful, and transparent program;
- Integrate your cause-partnership in appropriate brand messaging across all relevant marketing disciplines.
- Track results and communicate outcomes to stakeholders and consumer supporters.
- Foundation & Brand Alignment Audit: Does your foundation really have the right foundation to be a meaningful asset to your brand and overall business objectives?
Receive Good: Is your non-profit Poised to Receive℠? With traditional corporate philanthropy declining, cause-related marketing and the associated contributions to your non-profit may be more meaningful than ever. Is your cause ready to accept (or learn) the principles and best practices of cause-related partnerships? Do you have the leadership and staff resources to make it almost effortless for a brand to lend their voice and power and give their money to you? Are you competing for these dollars?
Bcauz Marketing non-profit services:
- Opportunity Audits℠. What brands should be your partners? What possible contribution sources are you missing without a dedicated cause-related partnership effort?
- Ideation, concept and proposal development. The big idea. We’ll help you identify, develop, and market partner programs to targeted prospects.
- Leadership and resource development, training and infrastructure that will make it easy for partners to say yes to your cause marketing concepts.
- Non-profit consulting rates apply.
Authentic Comments – For Real
Bcauz Marketing is an experienced and highly-talented agency in the cause marketing world. Laura Goodman, Senior Director, Corporate Partnerships, Share Our Strength/No Kid Hungryconnected Share Our Strength and the No Kid Hungry campaign to a significant multi-million corporate partnership. Throughout our vetting process, she was honest, professional and a true collaborator – constantly looking for creative solutions and helping us put our best foot forward. She was also incredibly patient – willing to listen and learn about our unique social change model in order to best create a best-in- class partnership that truly delivered value on both sides. Finally, on a personal level, Terri is warm, energetic and a great communicator! I would love the opportunity to work with Bcauz Marketing again!
The ArtsReady campaign materials, strategies, and exhibit design have served us so well for over three years now. The “library” of related messages and visuals that you recommended in the campaign’s development have allowed us to roll them out over time and with various audiences in different places and different artistic disciplines. They remain fresh and contemporary looking, and still grab and keep people’s attention. The “fickle wheel of fate” continues to make our conference exhibit booth one of the most unique, and is a great humorous/ironic conversation starter for the difficult issue of emergency planning. ArtsReady’s growing “brand” is due in large part to the clever strategies and collateral Bcauz Marketing developed for this national initiative. Mollie Quinlan-Hayes, Deputy Director, South Arts
Bcauz marketing’s smart, creative approach has assisted Samaritan House in our efforts to be intentional about our marketing presence and messaging. Terri Evans delicately led us in unifying our messages to better showcase our programming and increase our brand recognition.” Sherrie Snipes-Williams, Former Executive Director, Samaritan House (now VP of Programs – The Atlanta Women’s Foundation)
Wow, wow, wow! I love strategic, smart, clever people, and you are that and more. I am blown away and I totally agree with your marketing approach.”Hala Moddelmog, Chief Executive Officer, Susan G. Komen For the Cure.
Terri Evans serves as an advisor on Susan Berryman-Rodriguez, Media and Community Relations Director, Partnership Against Domestic Violencemedia and community outreach efforts. Her contributions to PADV have resulted in stronger relations with reporters and editors and increased media coverage. She also provides professional mentoring that has enhanced and strengthened my knowledge and skills in pubic relations.”
As a not-for-profit, Brand Atlanta developed many brand partnerships to extend our budget and resources. bcauzmarketing’s inside knowledge of the hotel and tourism industry, coupled with their promotional expertise, resulted in successfully integrated programs with our boutique hotels and publications such as Travel & Leisure and web marketing initiatives. They knew what each of the partners in the programs needed to be satisfied, and in the end, everyone’s expectations were exceeded, including our hoteliers.” Melinda Ennis-Roughton, Former Executive Director/Chief Marketing Officer, Brand Atlanta (Now President, Melworks)
LeslieEvansCreative and Bcauz marketing recognized the natural synergy between entrepreneurial commercial business loans in the U.S. and micro-loans in the developing world when she aligned us with kiva.org. Our customers, prospects, competitors and employees have definitely taken notice and applauded our efforts.” Jay Kessler, President, LibLoans
LeslieEvansCreative was aware of how much probono work we do in our region and knew that Bcauz marketing could help us make it more meaningful to the communities we serve and more meaningful to our marketing effort. They helped us realize that our good intentions and good works needed to be formalized and focused. The result is CareShare – our community outreach program and Lima Dental Kids Club. Great advice and great guidance.” Erik J. Risolvato, D.D.S. Risolvato Dental Group
Words of Wisdom from a Genius –
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” ~ Dr. Seuss
Affiliates – We Play Well with Others
Bcauz Marketing has strategic alliances with powerful partners that enhance our capabilities on an as need basis. Our clients can choose to benefit from deep experience and proven success from strategic alliances among these carefully chosen, mission and values aligned partners, OR Bcauz will gladly collaborate with client chosen resources — all in the best interest of our clients.
Our alliances include:
- Innovative creative development and implementation capabilities with LeslieEvansCreative;
- Best practices in sports and entertainment marketing with aim Marketing Solutions;
- Smart, results-driven media research, planning, buying and post-analysis with HSB Media;
- Deep dive and leading edge qualitative research with What They Think Research.
*US Sponsorship spending on cause marketing will hit $1.57 billion in 2009, according to the IEG Sponsorship Report, Chicago.